28 October 2012

It's cold Oop North!!!



Is it me or has winter suddenly just appeared? I don't just mean the weather as we haven't had any sunshine for ages but I found myself waking up at 6.30 this week and thinking it was an hour earlier as it was so dark outside! It was also pretty cold too so I did the only sensible thing... I turned the alarm clock off and went back to sleep! If that wasn't bad enough I woke up yesterday morning to go to work and found my car covered in snow!!! Blimey it's cold Oop North!!!

I've decided not to push my business until next year when I have a few things sorted out, (such as moving into my new house and creating a proper craft room) but I have noticed this week there has been a big increase in orders and the more I do the more orders I seem to get! Word of mouth seems to be working as they all seem to be coming from people who know someone who's bought/received one of my products.
I'm not complaining though, in fact I love it, the only downside is that I still have to fit my full time job in too, not very easy when its shift work!!!
I'm going to keep this post short as I have lots to do but I wanted to show you some more letters that I have done.
I normally paint with the lighter colours but this customer requested one letter in red and two in teal.


It took me a while to work out what 'teal' was, but after a search on Google  it appears it's a shade of bright blue.



I have also done a K for a new baby girl in pink but I haven't uploaded the photo onto my computer yet!

On the subject of photos... A few weeks ago Wendy over at Handmade Harbour had a give-away, the prize was a book about how to take great photos of your crafts.


Now I didn't win this but it made me think about just how poor my photography skills are so last night I went on Amazon and ordered myself a copy of it! Hopefully it won't take too long to arrive and then there should be a vast improvement in the quality of my photos!!

Next weekend I am off on a romantic weekend away to Bruges so I won't be joining in with Handmade Monday then but I shall try to do a post in the middle of this week.

Until next time,
Jem
x

13 comments:

  1. You'll love the book- it's really helpful, and interesting, and if nothing else, full of beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good news about the orders - word of mouth is the best kind of advert. You will love that book!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the word of mouth. When you think about it, it's the best way to get business. After all, would you choose the plumber that's recommended or the one that you don't know anything about?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done well the best orders are word of mouth as it reinforces how nice your items are. Jealous of your book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done on all the orders, that's fantastic news!

    the letters look fab :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done about the orders - as Wendy says you really cannot get better than word of mouth. Excellent recommendation. I like the letters in the darker colours - very smart. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe you could share some key tips after your book arrives. Sounds like you're steadily busy - and all by word of mouth ...the best kind of custom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A romantic weekend away, sounds lovely, hope you have a wonderful time. Love the letters and with the butterflies so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your orders. The letters look really pretty with the butterflies decorating them. Hope you have a lovely time in Bruges.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great news that the orders arecomi g in :) hope you find time to fit it all in x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Teal is one of my favourite colours! I love the letters with butterflies on them. Enjoy your weekend away:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It does seem to get busier with orders at this time of year. I love the teal letters. They are the perfect shade of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI Jem
    You mentioned you might like some bath bombs again this year. Let us know. we have a cut off dec 8th because of making them and posting out. Batches of 25 cubes or hearts. I can email a list if scent etc. Just send your email address.
    Thanks
    Lesley
    Bath Bomb Creations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. x